Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankfulness: Days 6-11

I know I know. I'm a week behind.

Day 6:
I am thankful for opportunity.
The opportunity to have an amazing education, to live in an amazing city, and to have a potentially great future.

Day 7:
I am thankful for sleep. I don't really understand the neurology of it and how it all works, but let's be real, sleep is magical. You go to bed totally worn out and wake up (usually) refreshed and cleansed. It's magic.

Day 8:
I am thankful for the fact that I got every class I registered for. I hate playing the game. I was fortunate enough to get into all of the classes that I wanted. I'm going to be taking:
Anatomy and Physiology for Speech and Hearing Majors II
Developmental Psychology
Abnormal Psychology
Cognitive Psychology
Autism!!!!!!!! (I'm so excited for this class!)

Day 9:
I am thankful for the chance to work with kids with severe disabilities. Though I may not get to spend a lot of time with any of them anymore, there are many kids that I have worked with and I have adored every single one of them. I hope to be fortunate enough to work with kids in this category in a more long-term job setting on day.

Day 10:
I am thankful for my oldest sister:
We didn't always have the best relationship, but Beth and I have come to be fairly close over the last couple of years. We went to lunch the other day and it was a great time. We can talk about anything and we have incredibly similar interests. She's awesome.

Day 11:
I am thankful for veterans. Each veteran has played a different role, but each role is significant, just like each role in any career is significant. They have done so much for our country, and I greatly appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment