Sunday, November 3, 2013

Thankfulness: Days 1-3


So I've decided to do the whole "things I'm thankful for in November" thing. Not because I feel like the whole world needs to know what I'm thankful for, but because I feel like sometimes I need a reminder and this will force me to look at my life in a more positive light.

Day 1:
I am thankful for my past.

There have been many people that walked in and out of my life, many places I have lived, and many events both good and bad. Without them, I would not be who I am and where I am today.

Day 2:
I am thankful for the roof over my head.

Though I may not have one specific place I call "home" I have several places that I spend time over the course of a year. My dorm, my mother's house, my boyfriend's family's house, etc. No matter where I am, I feel welcome and safe. My dorm room is amazing, and since I spend most of my time here, I have to say it's home for now. It's kind of perfect though.

Day 3:
I am thankful for Christmas music.

I know, I know, I know. It's not even Thanksgiving yet. BUT it's the beginning of the Holiday season, so it is acceptable. Plus it always manages to cheer me up and get me into the holiday spirit. So today, Kellie and I turned on Christmas Pandora, and it will be on a lot over the next month and a half. It's fantastic.

"The best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear!"-Elf

No comments:

Post a Comment