Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Thankfulness: Day 12

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! And I'm no longer a teenager. I don't really know how I feel about it yet. "I'm twenty" rolls off the tongue in a strange way. It doesn't feel right. It kind of feels like a lie, because I don't feel like twenty. I don't know what twenty feels like, but I know I don't feel like it. Let's be real, I have a Tangled poster on my wall and my Disney playlist is the most played thing on my ipod. There are days I feel like I'm 5, days I feel like 16, and days I feel like I'm 30. But 20?!?! That will take some getting used to.

ANYWAYS.
 Today. I am thankful for my life. I am thankful for the chance to wake up to a new morning (or afternoon) every day. I am thankful for the last twenty years of my life. For the accomplishments and failures. The obstacles I have overcome. I am grateful for it all.

It's been a good day so far, so I am going to try to enjoy the rest of it. It feels good to be a little bit older. Weird, but good.

Whenever people tell me "it doesn't feel any different" I never believe them. Maybe it's just me, but when I wake up on my Birthday, I feel a little bit older. I know I'm only a day older than I was yesterday, but still. Birthdays feel different to me. It's a good kind of different though, and I'm going to try to enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment