Monday, October 29, 2012

SURPRISE!

I guess most of you know, but if you don't, here's my Sunday.

Sunday morning, I got up early (I know...shocker) and took the metro to the National Mall. I then attempted to walk from the Smithsonian metro stop to the Air and Space museum. There was a marathon going on and I had to walk through the marathon to cross the street. It was a bit of a frightening experience at times.

I sat outside the museum for like an hour waiting, and in that time I watched the marathon, listened to a marching band play inspirational music for the runners, and took a picture for a group of random tourists. I also almost froze to death.

When I finally got the text I was waiting for, I realized I was on the wrong side of the building. There are two entrances. So I endured the security check just so I could re-exit the building. Outside, West was there. and it was really great to see everyone. No one knew I was coming except my inside source of information (Momma Gooch). I had told them all that I was super busy. There were lots of hugs and surprised faces, but my favorite reaction was definitely Kaitlyn. She screamed and pushed through people and it was just super cute and fantastic.

I spent most of the day with Sam & Mitch. My littles (minus one). We really didn't pay much attention to the museum. We kinda just walked around and talked and messed around. Like old times. I got to hang out with Zach (both of them), Jordan, and Patrick, and saw a ton of others. It was so great to get a taste of home.

After the museum, we took a walk to Union Station to eat and shop and waste some time.
THERE IS A BOJANGLES IN UNION STATION.
I haven't had Bojangles since this summer and it was soooo great. We walked around some more. talked some more. Some stuff was jokes, and some of it was deep stuff. It was nice though.

Here are a few pictures of my day:



I walked with them to their bus. More hugs. I love hugs. I said goodbye to Griffin and Dave. and then we left.
I'm not gonna lie. I cried a bit when I walked away. I don't know if they were happy tears or sad tears...maybe a little bit of both. I miss everyone. I really do, but I love it here. This is my favorite city...at least out of all the ones I have been to. There is so much going on and it's beautiful and just amazing. I was so excited to share it with my friends from home. I loved it.

Conclusion: I love you & miss you all. I'm super proud of everything you guys have done and can't wait until the next time I get to see you.

No comments:

Post a Comment