Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Just Because It's Not Forever Doesn't Mean It's Not Goodbye

So initially, I was going to blog about my weekend, but that will have to wait a bit, because I have more important things to talk about.

In life, you say a lot of hellos and goodbyes, but not all of them are forever.
When I randomly got stuck in a group with Jordan Hayes on a band trip to NYC, I never imagined that he would become such a great friend. Though I may not let him know as often as I should, I really appreciate everything he has ever done for me. He's one of those people that is always there for you, no matter what. A shoulder to cry on, a laugh when you need one, a fight club just for the heck of it ;P.

Tomorrow morning, Jordan leaves for a two year mission to Reno, Nevada. He won't have facebook access, phone access, etc throughout the duration of his mission, which will be really tough. I don't think I've gone a week without hearing from him, even if it was just a small talk type text conversation. I guess we'll just write letter. One for every week of the next two years. I've always wanted a pen pal, I just never thought it would be like this.

Don't get me wrong, I don't want anyone to think that I'm totally against this. He's going to go out to Nevada and do amazing things. I can almost guarantee you that every person that meets this kid will remember him for years to come. I'm not sure if it's because he's such a nice guy, or if it's because he's a giant goofball, but he's kinda hard to forget. He's like a brother to me. And I wish him luck in everything he does.

GOOD LUCK JORDAN!!!!! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment